St Mary of Graces Church
ST MARY OF GRACES CHURCH
The mother-church, dedicated to St Mary of Graces, is not only the symbol of local population’s religiosity but also the heart of the first settlement in Petrosino. Built in 1745, the small structure was enlarged in 1845 and then assigned to the Franciscans. The facade, with a neo-Gothic portal, is now enriched with a mosaic depicting the Madonna and Child; the bell tower has been restored in a modern style. The interior with a wooden roof and side altars has a modern marble altar.
SAINT JOSEPH’S CHURCH
The church (XIX century) gives the name to the contrada in which it stands. Originally it was designed as a private chapel of the Marquis Spanò, who then decided to build the church out of his property as an act of generosity to the episcopate. Its facade, characterized by long lesene (pilaster strip) and an outlined frame with a triangular pediment, refers to the classical style. The simulacrum of the Saint with the Child Jesus, placed on the altar, is deeply venerated by the local community.
Located in contrada Torreggiano, it was built in XVIII century as the chapel of Milazzo Family. The little church has a neoclassic facade and the interior has a nave where is placed a polychrome plaster statue of Christ.